Door Openers 101
- Motor & Gears The motor is typically about a 1/2-hp, 6-amp machine hooked to a 120-volt outlet—that's all it takes to overcome the inertia of a stopped door. The machine also slows a door in transit, preventing it from crashing to the garage floor.
- Drive Guide This track (aka the T-rail) guides and shields the chain, screw or belt as it moves the door open and closed. It connects the operator to the trolley, which in turn is connected to the door.
- Height Adjustment Operator settings determine the distance the door travels. The machine kicks in to arrest the door's motion or to make adjustments if a door isn't opening or closing completely. The force of the door's motion can also be adjusted so the door stops moving if grabbed.
- Inverter & Battery To allow smaller, more efficient motors, most garage-door operators use DC current. An inverter switches household AC power to DC, which is also used to charge a battery backup system that kicks in when the power is out.
We offer a variety of Residential & Commercial operating systems
LDO50: 1/2 HP Deluxe Single Lamp Garage Door Operator
Single-lamp 1/2 HP residential garage door operator compatible with belt & chain drive rails.
- Compatible with belt-drive or chain-drive T or I beam rails up to 10′Rock solid performance
- Diagnostic system indicates six possible trouble conditions
- 100-watt courtesy light (bulb not included)
- Built-in MegaCode format receiver
- All operator controls and indicators on one side
- Operator includes three-button MCT-3 visor transmitter and deluxe wall station
Lift Master Model 3950
Jackshaft Door Operator for Commercial Rolling Sheet Door
The Model 3950 door operator is designed for commercial rolling sheet door applications only – ideal for self-storage facilities. It may be used on commercial rolling sheet doors with live or dead shaft measuring up to 12 ft. high and up to 14 ft. wide, but not exceeding 650 lbs. Maximum recommended duty cycle: 10 cycles per hour.
- UL-Listed and UL-Labeled to insure compliance to local codes and approval at final inspection
- Heavy-duty 24V DC motor provides ultra-quiet operation
- Rated up to 10 cycles per hour
- Push button limit setting
- Compact design
- Lifetime motor warranty
- 2-year warranty
- This model subject to availability from manufacturer. Manufacturer responsible for any alterations, changes, deletions made respective to this model.